LSVT BIG is an intense, high effort therapeutic exercise regimen that focuses on training patients with large amplitude movements. These bigger movements translate well into real-world, everyday activities like opening a door or walking.
LSVT BIG Benefits:
- Improved motor function
- Enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living
- Increased speed, ability to walk, and perform sit to stand transfers
- Decreased fall risk
Virtually every patient with Parkinson’s (89%) develops problems with speech, with their vocalizations commonly described as soft, mumbled and monotone. Many also develop a “mask” like expressionless face which further hinders their personal interactions.
LSVT Loud Benefits:
- Expansion ofrespiratory capacity
- Enhanced facial expression
- Greater range of intonation
- Higher amplitude volume